Last updated June 18, 2021.
The EventWeb website, www.myEventWeb.com (the “Website”) provides an online platform to promote, hire, research and review a variety of service providers related to tradeshow and corporate event needs (the “Services”). The Services are defined as the applications and services offered by EventWeb, including an online service to post and search employment opportunities related to tradeshow and corporate event needs and an online platform to review the qualifications and credentials for such services (collectively the “Services” or “EventWeb Services”). The Website also allows users to create personal profiles, which may include personal information (“Profiles”).
You must be thirteen (13) years of age or older to visit or use the Website, and, if under the age of thirteen (13) or the age of majority as that is defined in Your jurisdiction, must use the Website under the supervision of a parent, legal guardian, or other responsible adult.
EventWeb may modify, update, suspend or discontinue the Website and Services, in whole or in part, at EventWeb’s sole discretion for any or no reason, at any time and with or without notice.
USE OF EVENTWEB CONTENT
You agree not to sell or modify the EventWeb Content or reproduce, display, publicly perform, distribute, or otherwise use the EventWeb Content in any way for any public or commercial purpose, in connection with products or services, in any other manner that is likely to cause confusion among consumers, that disparages or discredits EventWeb or its licensors, or that otherwise infringes EventWeb or its licensor’s intellectual property rights. You further agree to in no other way misuse the EventWeb Content. The use of the EventWeb Content on any other application or website for any purpose is prohibited.
USE OF EVENTWEB SERVICES
The employment ads, resume database, and the documents used and created through the Request For Proposal “RFP” Wizard, including but not limited to any information obtained from the resume database together collectively referred to as the “Resume Database” and other features of the Website may be used only by individuals seeking employment and/or career information and by employers seeking employees.
Any Profile You submit must describe You, either as an individual person or an individual person acting on behalf of your business entity. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of Your account, Profile and passwords. You may not share Your password or other account access information with any other party and You shall be responsible for all uses of Your EventWeb Website registrations and passwords, whether or not authorized by You. You agree to immediately notify EventWeb of any unauthorized use of Your account, Profile, or passwords.
EventWeb Users Agree Not To:
- Use any device to navigate or search the Website other than the tools available on the Website, generally available third-party web browsers, or other tools approved by EventWeb;
- Violate or attempt to violate the security of the Website including attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
- Forge any IP protocol packet header or any part of the header information in any email or newsgroup posting;
- Post any resume or Profile or apply for any employment on behalf of another party;
- Defer any contact from an employer to any agent, agency, or other third party;
- Set more than one (1) copy of the same resume to for public view at any one (1) time;
- Access data not intended for You or logging into a server or account which You are not authorized to access;
- Post or submit to the Website any incomplete, false or inaccurate biographical information or information which is not Your own;
- Delete or alter any material posted by any other person or entity;
- Harass, incite harassment or advocate harassment of any group, company, or individual;
- Send unsolicited mail or email, make unsolicited phone calls or send unsolicited texts, tweets or faxes promoting and/or advertising Your products or services or any products or services to any User, or contact any Users that have specifically requested not to be contacted by You;
- Attempt to interfere with service to any User, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus the Website, overloading, “flooding”, “spamming”, “mailbombing” or “crashing”; and
- Use the EventWeb Services for any unlawful purpose or any illegal activity, or post or submit any content, resume, or employment ad that is defamatory, libelous, implicitly or explicitly offensive, vulgar, obscene, threatening, abusive, hateful, racist, discriminatory, of a menacing character or likely to cause annoyance, inconvenience, embarrassment, anxiety or could cause harassment to any person or include any links to pornographic, indecent or sexually explicit material of any kind, as determined by EventWeb’s discretion.
Additional Terms Applicable To Users
Users are solely responsible for their postings on the Website. EventWeb is not to be an employer with respect to Your use of the Website and EventWeb shall not be responsible for any employment decisions, for whatever reason, made by any entity posting employments on the Website.
You understand and acknowledge that if You cancel Your account or Your account is terminated, all Your account information from EventWeb, including saved resumes, and any interactions made on the Website, will be marked as deleted in and may be deleted from EventWeb’s databases. Information may continue to be available for some period because of delays in generating such deletion through EventWeb’s servers.
To protect Users from commercial advertising or solicitation, EventWeb has restricted communication to the following ways:
- Job Seekers can send their resume to a potential employer through the Website. The employer will receive an email from EventWeb with a resume attachment only. It is then up to the employer to contact the Job Seeker directly through the contact information provided on the resume.
- Job Seekers may submit a their resume by use of the RFP Wizard (“RFP”) to a Service Provider. This follows the same concept as stated above. The Service Provider receives the RFP from an EventWeb email account and can then contact the Job Seeker directly through the contact information provided in the RFP.
- Job Seekers may contact a business with a directory listing. The business will receive an email from EventWeb with the Job Seeker’s contact information and then the business will contact the user directly.
Any communications made between Users shall be made in accordance with all applicable privacy and data protection laws.
An Employment Ad may not contain:
- Misleading or unreadable keywords or keywords that are irrelevant to the employment opportunity being presented, as determined in EventWeb’s reasonable discretion;
- Names, logos or trademarks of unaffiliated companies;
- More than one (1) employment or employment description;
- More than one (1) employment position, however there may be more than one (1) position location, depending on the position; and
- Inaccurate, false, or misleading information.
You May Not Use Your Employment Ad Or Profile To:
- Post employments in a manner that does not comply with applicable local, national and international laws;
- Post employments that include any screening requirement or criterion in connection with an employment ad where such requirement or criterion is not an actual and legal requirement of the posted employment;
- Determine a consumer’s eligibility for: (i) credit or insurance for person, family, or household purposes; (ii) employment; or (iii) a government license of benefit;
- Promote or advertise career fairs, employment fairs, hiring events, conferences, seminars or open houses or any other event or meeting;
- Post employments or other advertisements for competitors of EventWeb or post employments or other content that contains links to any website competitive with EventWeb;
- Post any franchise, pyramid scheme, “club membership”, distributorship, multi-level marketing opportunity, or sales representative agency arrangement;
- Post any business opportunity that requires an upfront or periodic payment or requires recruitment of other members, sub-distributors or sub-agents;
- Promote any opportunity that does not represent bona fide employment which is generally indicated by the employer’s use of IRS forms W-2 or 1099; and
- Advertise sexual services or seek employees for employments of a sexual nature.
Use Of The Resume Database
You may not use the Resume Database in any way which, in EventWeb’s sole discretion, adversely affects EventWeb’s business, business prospects, the performance or function of the Website or the Resume Database or interferes with the ability of other subscribers to access the Website or the Resume Database.
You shall take appropriate technical, and administrative measures to protect the data You have obtained from the Resume Database from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
The Resume Database And Information Obtained Shall Not Be Used:
- For any purpose other than as a potential employer seeking employees, including but not limited to advertising promotions, products, or services to any resume holders;
- To send emails or text messages or make phone calls to resume holders that, in EventWeb’s sole discretion, are excessive in frequency or related to employment ads that are irrelevant to the work history or location of, or unlikely to be of interest to, the resume holder contacted;
- To make unsolicited phone calls or faxes or send unsolicited mail, email, or newsletters to resume holders or to contact any individual unless they have agreed to be contacted;
In order to ensure a safe and effective experience for all of EventWeb’s users, EventWeb reserves the right to limit the amount of data that may be accessed by You or the number of contacts You may make or send within any EventWeb system in any given time period. Event reserves the right to use their sole discretion when assessing this data and information for any User.
TERMS APPLICABLE TO EMPLOYMENT SEEKERS
When You register with the Website, You will be asked to create an account and provide EventWeb with certain information including, without limitation, name, zip code, career and education level and a valid email address (“Information”).
Any Profile You submit must be accurate and describe You, an individual person. The Profile requires standard fields to be completed.
You acknowledge and agree that You are solely responsible for the form, content and accuracy of any resume or material contained therein placed by You on the Website.
You understand and acknowledge that You have no ownership rights in Your account and that if You cancel Your account or Your account is terminated, all Your account information from EventWeb, including resumes, Profiles, cover letters, saved employments, questionnaires will be marked as deleted in and may be deleted from EventWeb’s databases and will be removed from any public area of the Website. Information may continue to be available for some period because of delays in transmitting such deletion through EventWeb’s servers. Third parties may retain saved copies of Your Information.
EventWeb reserves the right to delete Your account and all Your Information after a significant duration of inactivity.
USER CONTENT AND SUBMISSIONS
You understand that all information, data, text, software, graphics, advertisements, or other materials submitted, posted or displayed by You on or through the Website (“User Content”) is the sole responsibility of the person from which such User Content originated. EventWeb claims no ownership or control over any User Content. You retain all patent, trademark and copyright to any User Content you submit or post on or through EventWeb and you are responsible for protecting those rights, as appropriate. By submitting, posting, or displaying User Content on or through EventWeb, you grant EventWeb a non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable, license to use, reproduce, adapt, distribute and publish such User Content through EventWeb. In addition, by submitting, posting or displaying User Content which is intended to be available to the general public, you grant EventWeb a non-exclusive, royalty-free license to reproduce, adapt, distribute and publish such User Content for the purpose of promoting EventWeb and its Services. EventWeb will discontinue this license use within a commercially reasonable period after such User Content is removed from EventWeb. EventWeb reserves the right to refuse to accept, post, display or transmit any User Content in EventWeb’s sole discretion.
EventWeb does not represent or guarantee the truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of User Content, derivative works from User Content, or any other communications made by Users nor does EventWeb endorse any opinions expressed by Users. You acknowledge that any reliance on the material posted by other Users will be at Your own risk.
The following is a partial list of User Content that is prohibited on the Website and Profile. The list below is for illustration and example purposes, only and is not a complete list of all prohibited User Content.
- Is implicitly or explicitly offensive, such as User Content that engages in, endorses or promotes racism, bigotry, discrimination, hatred or physical harm of any kind against any group or individual;
- Harasses, incites harassment or advocates harassment of any group or individual;
- Involves the transmission of “junk mail”, “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing, “spamming” or “phishing”;
- Promotes or endorses false or misleading information or illegal activities or conduct that is abusive, threatening, obscene, defamatory or libelous;
- Promotes or endorses an illegal or unauthorized copy of another person’s copyrighted work, such as providing or making available pirated computer programs or links to them, providing or making available information to circumvent manufacture-installed copy-protect devices, or providing or making available pirated music or other media or links to pirated music or other media files;
- Displays or links to pornographic, indecent or sexually explicit material of any kind; and
EventWeb appreciates hearing from You, as well as our other users, and welcome Your comments regarding the Website and Services.
We do value Your feedback on our Website and Services. Please be specific in Your comments regarding our services and do not submit creative ideas, suggestions or materials, unless prompted to do so. If, despite our request, You send us creative suggestions, ideas, drawings, concepts or other information (collectively, the “Submissions”), such Submissions will be the property of EventWeb. In addition, none of the Submissions will be subject to any obligations of confidentiality and EventWeb will not be liable for any future use or disclosure of such Submissions.
TERMINATION OF USERS WHO INFRINGE THE COPYRIGHT OR INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF OTHERS
EventWeb respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our Users and content partners to do the same. The unauthorized posting, reproduction, copying, distribution, modification, public display or public performance of copyrighted works constitutes infringement of the copyright owners rights. As a condition to Your use of the Website, You agree not to use the Website to infringe the intellectual property rights of others in any way. EventWeb reserves the right to terminate the accounts of any Users, and restrict access to the Website of any Users who are repeat infringers of the copyrights, or other intellectual property rights, of others. EventWeb reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to take these actions to limit access to the Website and/or terminate the accounts of any time, in our sole discretion Users who infringe any intellectual property rights of others, whether or not there is any repeat infringement, with or without notice, and without any liability to the User who is terminated or to the User whose access is restricted.
The Website acts as, among other things, venues for (i) employers to post employment opportunities and search for and evaluate employment seekers and (ii) employment seekers to post resumes and search for and evaluate employment opportunities. EventWeb does not screen or censor the listings, including the Resume Database offered. EventWeb is not involved in, and does not control, the interactions and communications between Job Seekers and Service Providers. As a result, EventWeb is not responsible for User Content, the quality, safety or legality of the employments or resumes posted, the truth or accuracy of the listings, the ability of employers to offer employment opportunities to employment seekers or the ability of employment seekers to fill employment openings and EventWeb makes no representations about any employments, resumes or User Content on the Website. While EventWeb reserves the right in its sole discretion to remove User Content, employment ads, resumes or other material from the Website from time to time, EventWeb does not assume any obligation to do so and to the extent permitted by law, disclaims any liability for failing to take any such action.
EventWeb provides a venue for individuals to promote, hire and research for professional purposes and EventWeb does not screen or censor the Profiles or User Content on the Website. EventWeb is not involved in the actual communications between Users. As a result, EventWeb has no control over the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the Profiles or User Content submitted on the Website and makes no representations about any Profile or User Content on the Website.
Note that there are risks, including but not limited to the risk of dealing with strangers, underage persons or people acting under false pretenses. You assume all risks associated with dealing with other users with whom You come in contact through the Website. By its very nature other people’s information may be offensive, harmful or inaccurate, and in some cases will be mislabeled or deceptively labeled. We expect that You will use caution and reason when using the Website.
Because User authentication on the Internet is difficult, EventWeb cannot and does not confirm that each User is who they claim to be. Because we do not and cannot be involved in User-to-User dealings or control the behavior of participants on the Website, in the event that You have a dispute with one or more Users, You release EventWeb, and our agents and employees from claims, demands and damages, actual and consequential and direct and indirect, of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed, arising out of or in any way connected with such disputes to the fullest extent permitted by law.
The Website and the EventWeb Content may contain inaccuracies or typographical errors. EventWeb makes no representations about the accuracy, reliability, completeness, or timeliness of the Website or the EventWeb Content. The use of the Website and the EventWeb Content is at Your own risk. EventWeb cannot guarantee and does not promise any specific results from use of the Website. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained by a User from EventWeb or through or from the Website shall create any warranty not expressly stated herein.
To the extent permitted by law, in no event shall EventWeb be liable for the deletion, loss, or unauthorized modification of any User Content.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
The Website may contain links to third party websites. These links are provided solely as a convenience to You and not as an endorsement by EventWeb of the contents on such third-party websites. EventWeb is not responsible for the content of linked third-party websites and does not make any representations regarding the content or accuracy of materials on such third-party websites. If You decide to access linked third-party websites, You do so at Your own risk.
NOTICES AND CONTACT INFORMATION
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE BY LAW, EVENTWEB DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE WEBSITE OR ANY EVENTWEB SERVICES WILL OPERATE ERROR-FREE OR THAT THE WEBSITE AND ITS SERVERS ARE FREE OF COMPUTER VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL MECHANISMS. IF YOUR USE OF THE WESBITE OR THE EVENTWEB CONTENT RESULTS IN THE NEED FOR SERVICING OR REPLACING EQUIPMENT OR DATA OR ANY OTHER COSTS, EVENTWEB IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THOSE COSTS. THE WEBSITE AND EVENTWEB CONTENT ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” BASIS WITHOUT ANY WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND. EVENTWEB, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. EVENTWEB MAKES NO WARRANTIES ABOUT THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, COMPLETENESS, OR TIMELINESS OF THE EVENTWEB CONTENT, SERVICES, SOFTWARE, TEXT, GRAPHICS, AND LINKS.
DISCLAIMER OF CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL EVENTWEB, ITS SUPPLIERS, OR ANY THIRD PARTIES MENTIONED ON THE WEBSITE BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES WHATSOEVER (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, INCIDENTAL AND CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR DAMAGES RESULTING FROM LOST DATA, LOST EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY OR BUSINESS INTERRUPTION) RESULTING FROM THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE WEBSITE AND THE EVENTWEB CONTENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER OR NOT EVENTWEB IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE BY LAW, EVENTWEB’S MAXIMUM LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE OR YOUR USE OF THE EVENTWEB CONTENT, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, BREACH OF WARRANTY OR OTHERWISE), WILL NOT EXCEED THE LESSER OF THE EQUIVALENT OF UP TO TWELEVE (12) MONTHS OF YOUR MEMBERSHIP FEE OR UP TO ONE THOUSAND DOLLARS ($1,000.00).
TERM AND TERMINATION
EventWeb is acting using commercially reasonable efforts and in good faith to maintain that the Website may be lawfully viewed and accessed outside of the United States. If You access the Website You do so at Your own risk and are responsible for compliance with the laws of Your jurisdiction.
Job Seekers: Users who would be using the Website to search for employment opportunities, upload resumes, or use our resume wizard.
Producers: Companies that provide turnkey tradeshow, other corporate and event solutions, typically from design through completion. Companies may be asked to perform only certain elements such as builds only, or design only, etc.
Virtual Producers: Companies that produce virtual events.
Industry Suppliers: Companies who provide a specific commodity(ies), product(s), or service(s) to the tradeshow and corporate industry.
Exhibit and Event Managers: Businesses or an individual person working for a business that exhibits at a tradeshow or hosts a corporate event.
Freelancers and Independent Contractors: People who provide services to the tradeshow and corporate industry as a Freelancer or Independent Contractor.