Last updated June 15, 2021.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information about You when You use the Website. We receive and store this information when You enter it on the Website or provide it to us in any other way. We collect information when You choose to give it to us.
This includes, but is not limited to:
- Contact information like name, email address, street address and telephone number;
- Your resume, including any employment experience listed;
- Information You use to create a profile and apply to employments on the Website;
- Information You provide when You contact EventWeb; and
- Information regarding Your business, such as company name, size, and specialties.
You can correct or remove this information by accessing Your account settings on the homepage of the Website.
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL (“RFP”) WIZARD AND CUSTOM RFP SUBMISSIONS
EventWeb is using the RFP Wizard and the Custom RFP Submission Process to obtain, collect and store various types of User information regarding potential engagements and projects (collectively known as Your “RFP”). All the information that is obtained, collected and stored anonymously and is not to be shared with other Users, unless You decide to send Your RFP directly to another user listed in one of the Website’s directories. In the event that You decide to submit your RFP directly to another user, that information is no longer protected and held confidentially between You and the Website.
RESUME WIZARD AND UPLOADED RESUMES
The information You provide when uploading a resume or on a resume that is created by use of the Resume Wizard shall only be accessible to You and EventWeb, until and unless You elect to post your resume into the resume database or directly send Your resume to any potential employer or another third party User. In the event such resume is sent out or posted in the resume database, that information is no longer protected and held confidentially between You and the Website.
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
EventWeb gathers certain information automatically when You visit the Website. This information includes, but is not limited to:
- Your activity on EventWeb, including the employments You search for, the employments you view and apply to;
- Your activity related to our resume database and other User profiles;
- Your internet protocol address (IP address), internet service provider, browser type and device ID number;
- Files viewed on the Website; and
- Operating system, date/time stamp, and/or clickstream data.
This data is collected about You automatically and is used to help enhance the Website and Services and to make a better visitor experience for You. We combine this information with personal data to help detect and prevent fraud.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION
The employment ad and resume database, together collectively the “Help Wanted” section, including but not limited to any information obtained from the resume database and other features of the Website, may be used only by individuals seeking employment and/or career information and by employers seeking employees (the “Resume Database”).
We use the information we collect to provide our Services, responses to You, operate and improve the Website and create a positive user experience. We use information with Your consent as described at the time we collect that consent, this includes, but is not limited to, account creation, resume creation by use of the Resume Wizard and resume uploading.
Personal Data Used for EventWeb’s Interests:
- For the operation of EventWeb’s Services;
- For communications with You;
- Analyzing and improving EventWeb’s Services;
- Protecting our Services and the rights of users; and
- To enforce the Terms of the Master Agreement and any other agreement entered into between You and EventWeb.
When registering with EventWeb, by managing Your profile, or by publicly posting information, You have consented for EventWeb to use Your information. Some of our Services, such as our Resume Database, enable third parties to see Your personal information and to contact You.
The Manner in Which EventWeb Uses Your Information:
- To provide You with EventWeb Services;
- To create an account, including any resume that You create and/or upload;
- Enabling employers to search for You and share Your profile with others, if You have provided consent to do so, by creating or uploading your Resume on the Website;
- Enabling You to apply for employment;
- Enabling You to contact EventWeb and for us to respond to You;
- To provide information to You and about You to target employment postings
- To contact with You with any service-related messages and updates;
- To send You employment alerts, newsletters or other marketing communications which You have previously consented to receiving;
- Conducting and generating internal reports about the use of the Website;
- Tracking employments which You view and apply to; and
Information You post in public areas of the Website, make visible in the Resume Database or that you send directly to other Users, may be accessed, used, and stored by others. While EventWeb takes measures to safeguard Your information from unauthorized access or inappropriate use, EventWeb does not control these third parties and is not responsible for their use of information You have provided to EventWeb. Accordingly, You should not post sensitive information or any other information You would not want made public to the Website.
HOW WE SHARE INFORMATION
We provide You with an online platform to post, promote, hire, share information about You to expand Your career opportunities related to tradeshow and corporate event needs. By applying to an employment opportunity, providing Your contact information to show interest in an employment or to an employer, or by contacting the employer directly, You consent to the disclosure of Your information to that employer and to be contacted by such employer for employment related purposes.
How EventWeb Shares Information:
- We share Your information with our service providers, which are third parties who help deliver our products and services to You. These companies will have access to Your personal information as necessary to perform their functions, but they may not use that data for any other purpose.
- Disclosure of information to third parties when You provide Your consent for EventWeb to do so, for example by posting in our Resume Database, or when You choose to receive information from specific third parties;
- Disclosure of information if legally required to do so, or at our sole discretion pursuant to a request from a governmental entity or if we believe in good faith that such action is necessary to: (a) meet legal requirements or a legal process; (b) protect our rights; (c) investigate fraud, prevent a crime or protect national security; or (d) protect the personal safety of users or the public; and
- Disclosure of information that is reasonably related to the sale or other disposition of all or part of our business or assets.
Data that EventWeb collects regarding employment qualifications, schooling, age, experience level or other information relevant to the employment search may be made available to employers or shared publicly. In the event that EventWeb stores any of this information, the information shall be stored on an anonymous basis with EventWeb.
COOKIES AND ONLINE ADVERTISING
EventWeb may use the services of third parties to collect and use anonymous information about Your visits to and interactions with our website using technologies such as cookies to personalize advertisements for goods and services.
Other Tracking Technologies
Tracking technologies may record information such as Internet domain and host names; protocol addresses (IP address); browser software and operating system types; clickstream patterns; the MAC address or other technical information from Your mobile device; location information through GPS, WiFi, Bluetooth, or similar technologies; and dates and times that our Website and Services are accessed. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to Your computer whenever You are surfing the web. Web servers, the computers that ‘serve up’ webpages, automatically identify Your computer by its IP address. The Website and Services may also use technology called “tracer tags”. These may also be referred to as “Pixels”, “Clear GIFs” or “Web Beacons”. This technology allows us to understand which pages You visit on our Website and other ways You interact with our Website and Services, such as means of communications made through the Website and Services. These tracer tags are used to help us to optimize and tailor our Website and Services for You and other users of our Website and Services. We may link the information we record using tracking technologies to Personal Information we collect.
When You create or post a resume, we store it in our Resume Database. You may make Your resume on EventWeb public by setting it to be visible or not visible. Resumes can be viewed by anyone with access to our Resume Database.
Resumes which are not public will not be visible in Resume Database. You may still use Your private resume to apply online to an employment. If You apply with a private resume, it will be transferred to the relevant employer, who may retain a copy of it.
We attempt to limit access to our Resume Database to legitimate employers but cannot guarantee that other parties will not gain access to the Resume Database. Once Your resume has been disclosed, EventWeb is not able to retrieve it from the third parties who accessed it. You should not put sensitive information, personality profiles, or other information You would not want made public, in Your resume or profile.
Resumes Must Not Contain:
- Racial or ethnic origin;
- Political or religious beliefs;
- Physical or mental health;
- Commission of criminal offences or proceedings and associated penalties or fines, commission of any unlawful or objectionable conduct and any associated penalties; and
- Social Security Number or any national or international identification number.
ACCESS YOUR INFORMATION
You may access, update, or delete Your resume or profile at any time. To do so, You must sign into Your account and make the desired changes on Your profile.
You have the right to request that EventWeb delete any of Your personal information that it has collected from You, however, EventWeb reserves the right to refuse Your deletion request if permitted by law. If we deny Your deletion request, we will tell You why the request was denied.
You can make a request as to whether we are keeping information about You, ask how Your information is being used; ask us to update or correct Your information; or opt-out of our collection by contacting EventWeb at info@myEventWeb.com and indicating your request.
We retain Personal Information that we collect only as long as reasonably necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or to otherwise meet any legal requirements.
You are responsible for keeping Your username and password confidential. The security of Your personal information is important to us. We utilize a variety of safeguards to protect the personal information submitted to us, during transmission and once it is received.
EventWeb does not intend the Website and Services to be used by individuals under the age of majority within the jurisdiction within which they reside without the supervision of a parent or guardian of majority age. EventWeb relies upon such parents or guardians to determine if the Website and Services are appropriate for the viewing, access, or participation by such individuals under the age of majority. If an individual under the age of majority uses the Website and Services, such individual may only use the Website and Services under the supervision of a parent or guardian of majority age.
We do not seek or knowingly collect any Personal Information about children under thirteen (13) years of age. If we become aware that we have unknowingly collected Personal Information from a child under the age of thirteen (13), we will make commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information from our database.
If You are the parent or guardian of a minor child who has provided us with Personal Information, You may contact us using the information below to request it be deleted.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
HOW TO CONTACT US